Mayborn ANZ Pty Ltd ABN 66 154 703 134 ("we", "us", "our"), is a company incorporated in Australia whose registered office is at Unit 21, Hallmarc Office Park Mt Waverley,15 Ricketts Rd, Mt Waverley, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and to compliance with the Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) (the "Act").
You do not have to provide personal information to access the Website, but if you do not supply certain information then you will not be able to access some of the areas and facilities on the Website.
Information we collect about you
We only collect Personal Information when it is reasonably necessary for our business activities.
The types of Personal Information we collect about you will depend on the circumstances in which the information is collected, and may include information such as:
- name and contact details (including your postal address, email address and phone numbers);
- demographic information (including your age, gender and product preferences, and information about your children (including their age and gender));
- information used to verify your identity (including your date of birth);
- records of questions that you ask us;
- answers you provide to questions we ask;
- and other information about your dealings with us.
We do not generally ask you for Personal Information that is of a sensitive nature, such as health information (for example information on the health of you and your baby) or information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliations and sexual orientation or practices. We generally only collect this type of information if you volunteer it.
Some of the common ways that we collect Personal Information are described below.
Information you provide.
We collect and store Personal Information you submit when using the Website or provide to us in some other manner. This may include information such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number when you are registering with the Website.
Some of the ways in which someone might commonly provide Personal Information to us include where the person:
- provides information to our staff or agents;
- requests a brochure, joins a mailing list or requests information from us;
- contacts us with a query or a request for assistance;
- enters a competition, responds to a survey or provides their details to us through the Website;
- applies for a job with us; or
- conducts business with us.
The type and level of information will depend upon whether you are simply browsing the Website or looking to become a member.
We also collect Personal Information that you provide when you contact us, including when you contact us via this Website, e-mail us or call our Careline on 1-800-096-938. If you submit an enquiry or complaint to us via our social media channels (for example, our Facebook pages) that we think could be better handled by our Careline, then we may pass your enquiry to our Careline so that they can contact you to provide you with customer support and advice. Please note that our Careline is operated by a third party service provider on our behalf who is located in the United Kingdom.
Information collected automatically. Please see the section headed “Cookies” below. Information collected through cookies will only be Personal Information if the user is reasonably identifiable from that information.
Other ways we collect information. We may also collect personal information about you from publicly available sources, from our related companies or from third parties (for example, from referees if you apply for a job with us or from our Careline).
How we use the information we collect about you
How we use and disclose your Personal Information will generally depend on why we collected it and the nature of your relationship with us. In most cases we will only use or disclose your Personal Information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you); and
- for other purposes to which you have consented.
Some of the ways in which we commonly use and disclose Personal Information in the course of our business operations include:
- to carry out our obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us and manage any orders or returns placed with us;
- to analyse the use of the Website to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to monitor and/or keep records of our e-mail communications and other correspondence with you. If you send us correspondence that contains Personal Information, we may use that Personal Information to address the nature and purposes of the correspondence;
- to provide you with customer service (including through our Careline), and to address any complaints you may have;
- assessing your suitability for employment or other relationships with us;
- developing and improving our business, products and services;
- to contact you (directly or through our service providers) to obtain your feedback, to find out your level of satisfaction with our products and services and for other market research activities; and
- any other purposes to which you have consented.
We also sometimes use personal information for marketing purposes, as described in the section entitled "How we use Personal Information for marketing purposes" below.
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information for purposes permissible or required under law, including:
- to help prevent illegal activity that threatens our computer systems or networks;
How we use Personal Information for marketing purposes
We may also use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you where:
- you have consented to us doing so; or
- it is otherwise permitted by law.
Direct marketing involves communicating directly with you for the purpose of promoting goods or services to you and to provide you with special offers. Direct marketing can be delivered by a range of methods including mail, telephone, email or SMS.
If you opt-in to receive promotional information and/or newsletters from us, we may use such Personal Information to contact you by email and post with the information you have opted-in to receive.
How to opt-out.
You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing, or change your contact preferences, by contacting us by:
- using the unsubscribe facility in an email (or other electronic communication from us;
- sending an email to email@example.com or
- writing to the “Web Developer”, Mayborn ANZ Pty Ltd, Unit 21, Hallmarc Office Park, 15 Ricketts Road, Mount Waverley, Victoria 3149, Australia.
Regarding the information you provide to us relating to your children, we may use this to help us understand your needs and interests (and those of your babies and children as they grow) to better tailor our services and communications to you. For example, we may use the information you provide us about gender or birth date of your baby to send information about gender or age appropriate goods and services as your child grows.
Unless you tell us otherwise (see section above headed 'How to opt out'), we may also contact you to help us understand your needs and interests and how we can improve this Website and our products and services, and those of other companies in the Mayborn group. From time to time, we may also contact you to invite you to contact us if you want to participate in market research of our goods and services and/or those of other Mayborn group companies.
How do we disclose your information?
In the ordinary course of our business we commonly disclose Personal Information to the following types of third parties.
Third Party Companies: We may share your Personal Information with certain service providers who provide services for us or perform administrative or marketing activities on our behalf, or who develop, host or maintain the Website. These may include:
- our third party service providers that assist us to provide you with goods and services (such as couriers, call centre operators and the operator of our Careline);
- our contractors and other third parties that provide goods and services to us (including marketing agencies, website and data hosting providers and other IT suppliers); and
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers.
Other Third Parties: We may also disclose your Personal Information to other types of third parties where:
- you have directed or permitted us to disclose your Personal Information to that type of Third Party;
- all or part of the business of Mayborn ANZ Pty Ltd is bought, sold or otherwise transferred (in which case Personal Information may be disclosed as part of the sale, for example to the buyer and its advisors);
- third parties require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
- we are permitted or required by law to disclose Personal Information to those third parties.
Will my Personal Information leave Australia?
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information may be located outside Australia. For example, we may disclose personal information to our related companies overseas and to our overseas service providers.
The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances. In the ordinary course of business we commonly disclose personal information to parties located in Singapore and the United Kingdom for purposes including storage and processing.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
We want you to feel confident using the Website and dealing with us. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take reasonable steps to secure your information, we do not guarantee that information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their Personal Information.
Please see our Cookie Statement for details of the cookies we use on this website.
Access to, or Updates to, or Corrections to, Personal Information
You can ask to access and review the Personal Information we hold about you. You can also request us to update or correct any Personal Information we hold about you.
There is no charge for lodging any access request but we may charge you for providing access to Personal Information we hold about you, in order to meet our costs in providing you with access. We may require that an individual provide certain information so that we can verify the identity of the person making the request.
You can lodge a request for access by writing to the “Web Developer”, Mayborn ANZ Pty Ltd, Unit 21, Hallmarc Office Park, 15 Ricketts Road, Mount Waverley, Victoria 3149, Australia.
Queries, comments and complaints about our handling of Personal Information
Please address all privacy complaints to:
Attention: Privacy Officer Mayborn ANZ Pty Ltd
Unit 21, Hallmarc Office Park, 15 Ricketts Road
Mount Waverley, Victoria 3149, Australia
When contacting us please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, comment or complaint.
We will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (click here for information).
Other Websites and Hyperlinks
Where our Website or emails which we send to you contain links to other sites operated by third parties, these links are provided for your information and convenience only. We have no control over how the third parties operating those sites or resources use Personal Information which they collect from you through their websites or otherwise.